COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Liquor Trading Days and Hours By-law, 2013
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7111 on 28 March 2013
- Commenced on 28 March 2013
- [Up to date as at 28 May 2021]
2. Application of the By-lawThis by-law applies to all:(a)licensees who are licensed to sell liquor in terms of the Act or any other applicable legislation;(b)licences renewed in terms of the Liquor Act, 1989 (Act No. 27 of 1989), within the jurisdiction of the municipality.
3. Trading days and hours for sale and consumption of liquor on licensed premises
4. Trading days and hours for sale of liquor off licensed premisesA licensee may sell liquor for consumption off the licensed premises on the following days and hours:(a)on any day of the week with the exception of Sundays and religious public holidays, unless otherwise indicated in the Schedule; and(b)during the hours of trade as set out in the Schedule.
5. Appointment of authorised officialsThe municipality may appoint any official to implement and enforce the provisions of this by-law.
6. Determination of licensed premises typeWhere the definition or description of any licensed premises type as reflected in items 1 to 7 of the Schedule to this by-law is uncertain or difficult to determine, an authorised official as contemplated in section 5 may determine the definition thereof in order to determine the trading hours applicable thereto.
8. Application for extended trading hours
9. Annual renewal of licences
10. AppealA person or judicial entity whose rights are affected by a decision of the municipality in terms of delegated authority may appeal against that decision by giving written notice of the appeal and the reasons therefor in terms of section 62 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, Act 32 of 2000 to the municipal manager within 21 days of the date of the notification of the decision.
11. Offences and penalties
12. Short titleThis by-law is called the Cederburg Municipality By-law on Liquor Trading Days and Hours and shall come into operation on the date of publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
- Entire By-law
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Application of the By-law
- 3. Trading days and hours for sale and consumption of liquor on licensed premises
- 4. Trading days and hours for sale of liquor off licensed premises
- 5. Appointment of authorised officials
- 6. Determination of licensed premises type
- 7. Enforcement
- 8. Application for extended trading hours
- 9. Annual renewal of licences
- 10. Appeal
- 11. Offences and penalties
- 12. Short title
History of this By-law
28 March 2013 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7111By-law commences.